Thursday, April 1, 2010

2 Legit 2 Quit

Hey, heyyyyyyyyy! Who remembers that song by MC Hammer? I am doing the Hammer dance as I type this. All I am missing are my Hammer pants. Yep, I totally had the Hammer pants! I heard "2 Legit" on the radio this morning and I was jamming. (Another "Ask Me" answer at the bottom of post!)

OK total tangent lol. Anyhoo, yesterday recap first. I got a wonderful 4 miler in and I'm not sure if it was because I was wearing my running skirt but I was really in the groove. I had fewer allergy-induced coughing breaks. It was a "dreadmill" run. Still windy in OK-Sizzle.

Lunch was a simple cuke and Laughing Cow Swiss sammich with grapes on the side.
 


I also snacked on some Oikos Honey yogurt.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I think my eats need some tweaking. I was ravenous yesterday! I just couldn't seem to get satisfied. So when that crazy ass hunger hit, I ended up going loco on my dinner.


Seriously, I had 3 servings and ended up getting beyond full. I was SO hungry. My quick stir fry contained:
  • baby corn
  • water chestnuts
  • noodles
  • green onions 
  • fried tofu
  • soy sauce
This morning, I woke up not feeling super hungry but I still prepared a filling brekkie to take to work. I'm going to experiment and see if I need more protein or what the dealio is.


I promise it's not just a big bowl of apples :0). My refreshing and cool breakfast contains:
  • 1/2 cup plain non-fat yogurt
  • 1 diced apple
  • 1/2 cup Kashi Sunshine cereal
  • 1T coconut (of course!)
  • 4 chopped almonds
Let's see if this holds me over well! OK on to the "Ask Me" question:

"How do you work out during the day without getting sweaty and disgusting?"

I DO get sweaty and disgusting! Since I work out/run on my lunch break, I usually just wear my hair in a pony and call it good. My secret weapon: Baby Wipes. Yep, it's a shower in a bag (basically). I also pack my deo and body spray. After a run, I'll wipe off all my make up except my eyes. If I have a meeting afterward, I'll touch up with some power but if not, I usually just go face-commando. Or should I say "skin commando?" As soon as I get home and get the boys settled, I take a shower and get so fresh and so clean-clean. Yes, it is kinda yucky that I don't get a complete shower after my run but eh. I do what I have to lol!

For you peeps that work out during the work (or school) day, what do you do? Or are you lucky and have showers at work? JEALOUS!!

2 comments:

  1. I heard that song yesterday at the gym! They were playing it in my abs/core class. I used to love MC Hammer. I, too, had hammer pants back in the day. I remember think they were just the coolest! LOL

    Aren't running skirts awesome!?!? I picked one up at the expo for the half I ran and I just love it!

    I didn't get a chance to post a question when you asked for them, but I do have a question for you. What is the one thing you can't run without?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hit the gym on my lunch hour and plan the workout so that i can shower before going back to the office. the gym is close, so i can swim for 40 minutes, shower and get back all within an hour. 45 minutes on the bike or a nice fast 4 mile run also gets the job done too.

    ReplyDelete