Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Healthy eating during the holidays

It is so tough to eat healthy this time of year. I tend to go into the day thinking, "One meal isn't going to kill me." However, I have learned that I just eat what I want in moderation. If I want cookies, don't eat the whole tray. Just eat one. I also plan on resuming my regular running/work out schedule once Baby Boy feels better. My legs are itching for a run!

For lunch I had this lovely salad:


It contained:
  • spinach
  • chicken breast
  • half an apple
  • baby carrots
  • mushrooms
  • and the other half of the apple for a side
Doesn't it look HUGE? It was delish. Guess what I discovered at the bottom.


A lid to another container. No wonder it looked so big lol. The boys play in the cabinet where we keep all the plastic containers and I didn't notice it when I made lunch this morning. It did make me smile. I may be hitting the box o' chocolates before heading out.

How do you stay on track during this time of year?

1 comment:

  1. So agree with you on the holiday eating! Its ALL about mdoeration.
    Love seeing what you eat, gives me ideas :)

    ReplyDelete