Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

I can't believe this year has flown by! I know everyone says that but seriously, it happened so fast. First, my eats of last yesterday afternoon/evening.

My after work snack:

  • baby Goldfish crackers times 1.5
Dinner:

  • small pork chop. I love these and yes, I do fry them most of the time. I can't help it. They are so yummy fried up. I ate 2/3 of it.
  • Red kidney beans. I had all of that times two. I love beans!
  • a leftover potato corncake from Christmas. I shared this with Baby Boy. So good!
For dessert:

and


  • chocolate covered graham crackers
  • peppermin patties. These are like crack. I am ready for them to be GONE!
My breakfast this morning:


  • 2/3 cup oatmeal
  • 1 1/4 cup water
  • 2 heaping teaspoons brown sugar
  • 2 heaping teaspoons flaked coconut
  • 8 chopped almonds
  • herbal peppermint tea
I am really trying to use up what we have in the fridge before we hit the grocery store this weekend. So sorry for the repeats. Though, you guys know I love my morning oatmeal!

So it's the time of year that everyone starts making resolutions. For me, I don't make resolutions because I rarely stick to them. What do I do instead?

Retta's 2009 Resolutions Commitments Recap:
  • Commit to getting healthier CHECK!
  • Commit to getting to a "normal" BMI (which I still think is a load of crap) CHECK!
  • Making a lifestyle change slowly and forgiving myself for unwise health choices CHECK!
  • Nursing Baby Boy until he is at least one year old CHECK!
  • Making an effort to clean more WORK IN PROGRESS
I had not planned on falling in love with running so participating in races were not on my list but you know they are for 2010!

Retta's 2010 Commitments:
  • Participate and finish half-marathon in April
  • Find a marathon to train for and participate in either late 2010 or early 2011
  • Participate in at least two other races (halfies or less)
  • Save money
  • More dates with The Lover
  • Get rid of some clothes I don't wear
  • Work on organization
What are your 2010 resolutions commitments? When do you start? I tend to start in mid-Janaury :0).

No comments:

Post a Comment