Saturday, December 19, 2009

Power Shopping & Naked Burritos

Four hours later, we are back home and are almost finished. I have tons of wrapping to do . . . yuck. Luckily, Big Boy is staying the night with my mom tonight. That will give me an opportunity to wrap with little interruption.

Last night, I made a pasta dish. I planned on doing a tiny bit of carb loading for a long run today. It was a fail as far as being a "pretty" dish but I promise, it was tasty :).



It contained:
  • elbow pasta (why do they not make a wheat version of this?)
  • ground beef
  • fresh sliced mushrooms
  • a can of cream of mushroom and garlic soup
  • a can of spinach
I should have opted for fresh spinach instead of canned. Baby Boy and I shared two servings. Then I promptly passed out for the night.

Baby Sis and I will probalby not do a long run today. Tomorrow will be much nicer out so tomorrow it is! Nothing like wearing shorts in December. Yay!

Before striking out on our shopping trip, I had good ol' toast, PB and mandatory coffee (times 2.5).






I also anticipated the unhealthy snack options while out shopping so I packed:



I had half of the crunchy peanut butter while out and about. By the time lunch rolled around, I was quite hungry. We stopped at Qdoba. It's my new favorite place! I went with the Naked Pesto Burrito:



DELISH. I ate half and also had a handful of chips and some salsa (not pictured). The chips were super salty. The Lover finished off my Naked Burrito.

It feels great to be home but we'll be venturing out again soon. I still have to shop for The Lover. Eeek.

No comments:

Post a Comment