Monday, December 21, 2009

Sick Baby, Tapering & Competition

Baby Boy is still sick so I am home with him today. I took Big Boy to daycare and by the time we got back to the house, my tummy was growling for eats! I had to wait though since Baby Boy decided to throw up all over himself and Mama. He got a nice warm bath and then I nursed the poor guy to sleep. While doing that I snacked on:


  • 5 Wheat Thins
  • Mandatory Coffee
Also, that is my To Do list for the day. I'm hoping I will be able to take Baby Boy in to work for a few hours to get things done but honestly, I don't think that will happen. After I got him down for a nap, I whipped up a batch of WW pancakes:


Ingredients:
  • Aunt Jemima WW pancake/waffle mix
  • sliced banana
  • frozen black berries
  • a drizzle of honey
  • glucosamine chondroitin (not pictured)
There were quite a few made so I will freeze the rest for later use. I am not a huge fan of syrup so the bananas and black berries are so great on pancakes. The drizzle of honey on top just adds that something extra. DELISH.

While making the pancakes, I got two things crossed off the list. WHOOP. This is a taper week for me according to my training plan. However, family is first so my goal is to get a session of Shredding in during Baby Boy's afternoon nap. I'll move my 5 miler to another day. The weather man predicted some snow/ice later this week so that is something else I will have to work around. I am all for running in the cold (not so much under 32 degrees haha) but I haven't done snow/ice before. Maybe it's time I try something new??

Also, after my post-run update last night, I started thinking about competition. I'm all for friendly competition and running with someone can really push you to run harder, longer and faster than normal. I love running with Baby Sis because I feel we have a "good" kind of sisterly competition. However, it's more motivational for us. We cheer each other on and encourage each other to keep going. I love that! Knowing your body and what it is capable of is so important. Pushing yourself to extremes will cause injury and preventing them is so much easier than recovering from them. The number one cause of running injuries: Increasing mileage too soon.

Though, I have to admit, I do love solo runs as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment