Thursday, December 17, 2009

How do babies come out of your tummy?

This is what my son asked me this morning.  Nothing gets your brain working like questions relating to the human anatomy. My answer: Mama went to the hospital and the doctor got you and your brother out.  He accepted that.  For now. 

My morning started with me stumbling bleary-eyed to the kitchen for the mandatory cup of coffee. 



Times two!! Thank goodness I snagged that huge cup from my older sis (thanks, chick!).  I don't typically use creamer (I use milk normally) but in the spirit of Christmas, I just had to get the Peppermint Mocha flavor. It is high in calories so I use only one tablespoon. It is DELISH.  And on sale.  :0)

My mornings are very chaotic.  You would think after a year of being a mom of two kids that I would have some type of schedule down - NOPE.  I jump in the shower, slap on the makeup and make my lunch.  I do pack my lunch everyday.  I try to do it the night before but that doesn't always happen.  Packing my lunch and snacks lessens the chance of unwise choices during the day.  Luckily, The Lover was there to get one boy dressed while I tackled the other.  And yes, I mean tackled.  Once we are all dressed, bags are packed, breakfast is made we finally hit the road. 



My purse, my gym bag and my lunch are the essentials for every day. Yes, my favorite color is red.

On to my eats of the morning:



My breakfast:
  • 1/2 cup of oatmeal (made with 1 cup of water)
  • 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
  • a sprinkle of cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon of shredded coconut (it adds a little something-something)
  • 1 sliced banana
  • a cup of caffeine herbal tea
  • one out of three daily glucosamine chondroitin supplements
I love oatmeal and you'll see it a lot!  I also use my kiddos' spoons.  It makes it fun and takes me awhile to eat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment