Saturday, March 13, 2010

Breakfast Pizza & Shutting Down

Howdy!  I did convince The Lover we needed Mexican food after our hard day of wheeling and dealing yesterday. I started with a frosty, salty and lime-y Negra Modelo.



Refreshing! The I feasted on a vegetarian taco salad. It contained beans, peppers, onions, mushrooms, squash, lettuce, tomato and shredded cheese. I demolished almost all of it. It was wonderful!


This is The Lover after a hard day's work. I think he pooped out around 830 PM. Haha.


This morning, I started off with another delish Green Monster. Are you sick of seeing these yet? I have another GM worth of spinach left to use up. Like Caitlin said, GMs give ya energy and are super good for you! You really cannot taste the spinach at all.


In the GM:
  • 1T flax
  • 2 handfuls spinach
  • 1 cup soy milk
  • 1/2 cup coconut juice
  • 1 banana
  • 3 handfuls of ice
The morning started off pretty slow G-Sale wise. Most of the things are gone so we've had a lot of "drive by" shopping. After a couple hours, I got hungry again. Breakfast pizza was on my brain. I had picked up a package of Tandoori Nan bread at the Asian grocery store.

I popped a flatbread into a 400 degree oven for about 5 - 8 minutes to get it a tad crispy. Then I topped the pizza with sliced mushrooms, crumbled falafel, 1/2 a sliced tomato, a sprinkling of shredded cheddar and broiled it all for roughly 3 minutes.


The Lover said it looked very "gourmet." It was so yummy. I'll have to try it with scrambled egg next time. Close up:


Drool-a-rama! Nana brought me some coffee. I had about half. It wasn't very good. Darn you, Sonic!


We're preparing to wrap the G-Sale up but still hanging on just a tiny bit longer. The things we don't sell will be donated to a batter women/children shelter. A lady that came by yesterday suggested the YWCA and it was a wonderful idea. Most women that are battered leave with nothing but their children so they have absolutely nothing. It just breaks my heart to think of all the clothes and toys our children have gone through that look like they've barely been used when there are other children out there that have nothing.

What's your charity of choice and why?

1 comment:

  1. looks delicious! What mexican restaurant did you go to? I'm always looking for new ones.

    Hey, I ran at LAke Hefner yesterday for an 8k race and I thought of you! :)

    ReplyDelete