Monday, March 22, 2010

Out With The Old

Morning, morning! How are you? I have mixed feelings ha. I have the Monday-morning-already blues but at the same time, I am feeling productive and ready to tackle the day. The weekend was great. We got a lot of family time in but honestly, we were cooped up in the house and I think we were all going a bit stir crazy. The snow really came down on Saturday! On Sunday, we were able to get out and about for a couple of hours and it was great. I finally got some new kicks! WHOOP!

My old Asics (that I love dearly):

They were definitely ready for retirement. These puppies served me well.

We hit up Academy yesterday for my shoes. I am a die hard Asics fan and have been forever. I've tried Nikes and they are torture on my feet. They love giving me blisters. New Balance are ok. Not a huge fan. But Asics, you are awesome. However, I tried different ones on yesterday and they just didn't feel right. I understand the importance of a great running shoe but I didn't want to break the bank. You know? For the heck of it, I tried on Sauconys and oh my! They felt wonderful! I even ran around the store with Asics on one foot and the Sauconys on the other. I decided to go with the Sauconys and hopefully they won't disappoint!


Oooh shiny . . .

I'm excited to take these girls for a whirl!

OK enough about my shoes lol. For breakfast, I went with a lovely Green Monster:


My GM contained:
  • 2.5 cups spinach
  • 1 banana
  • 1 cup light vanilla soymilk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 3 handfuls of ice
At the last minute, I threw some water in there but it may not have been the best decision. My GM is really frothy. Not sure I like that but it still tastes yummy.

Question: Last year, I paid a pretty penny for my Asics at a store specializing in running gear. However, I went to Academy yesterday and saved over $50. So, out of curiousity, do you think the price of running/training shoes make a difference in the quality?

No comments:

Post a Comment