Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do

Sad news . . . Wonderful Miss Donna and I will no longer be working out together at lunch. Sniff, sniff. Our schedules are conflicting and for the next few months, we'll be on our own but will continue to cheer each other on "long distance." It makes working out so much more fun when you have a motivational partner. She got her hair done today. Doesn't she look faboosh?

About 1100 AM, I was hungry so I had some celery and carrots with 1.5 tablespoon garlic hummus.

Then an hour later, I was hungry AGAIN so I had pretzels.

I got my 5 miler in and it felt wonderful. The pain I felt yesterday did not visit today and I was just trucking. My last mile's pace was 9:41! I was dripping with sweat by the time I was finished. I was also ready to dig into my super late lunch.
My lunch was a black bean and chickpea burger on a sammie thin. I had a sweet potato with a 1/4 cup cottage cheese on the side. The cottage cheese and sweet potato seemed like a funky combination but it was really quite good! I'll have it again for sure. To make the burger, you'll need:
  • 1/4 cup chickpeas (canned)
  • 1/4 black beans (canned)
  • 1 egg white
  • cooking spray
Microwave the beans (together) to soften and mash with a fork. Mix in egg white and form into a ball. Gently place in hot pan lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Lower heat to medium and gently smoosh the ball into a patty. After browned, gently flip and brown other side. That's all! Don't forget to rinse the chickpeas and beans!

As Plex from Yo Gabba Gabba says, "Try it! You'll like it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment