Monday, February 8, 2010

Miss Cranky Pants has left the building!

Good evening! The rest of my work day continued to go well and that was great! After my early lunch, I had pumpkin yogurt with a sprinkle of flax seeds for a snack.

My yogurt contained:
  • 1/2 cup of non-fat plain yogurt
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
  • 2.5 teaspoons brown sugar
  • about 1.5 teaspoons of ground flax
Delish! About two hours after my yogurt I was hungry again! I decided to try some walnut butter with an apple.


There was a bit of walnut shell in it but you can tell. It also says on the jar that it may contain a bit of shell. Can I just say that it was amazing? I have been living in a bubble, evidently! I have had peanut butter pretty much my whole life and I've tried soynut butter years ago. I seriously need to branch out more! The walnut butter and the apple were a perfect combo!

It was still snowing when I left work but it was pretty light, not big flakes like this morning. Once we got home, Baby Boy nursed and promptly fell asleep and woke at 715 PM. Big Boy and I snuggled on the couch and watch Transformers. I snacked on a mini-wheat bagel, some PB and a sliced banana. The Lover came home late from work and got home right before Baby Boy woke up.  

Dinner was so very good. I made baked talapia with butter crumb topping. On the side were barley with celery and mushrooms and artichokes. The talipa was super easy. Just salt and pepper, bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes. Crush crackers into a bit of melted butter, put on tilapia and broil until crumbs are golden brown. So easy and so delicious!



I prepared the barley with my favorite veggie broth.


Normally, it is about $3.30 but it was on sale for $0.99! I bought two but I should have bought more. What a great deal! Time to give Baby Boy a bath, maybe have a little dessert and go to bed. I'm pooped! Have a wonderful night!

3 comments:

  1. I have seen every kind of nut butter ... except walnut butter! I love walnuts! I must find this stuff ASAP :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay seriously.. first you get me started on pumpkin and now its going to be nut butters? lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. walnut butter... i gotta try that! :)

    looks like a good day of yummy food & snacks...

    & thank you for your sweet comment on my bloggg <3

    http://www.prettytimepiece.org

    ReplyDelete