Thursday, February 18, 2010

Feeling The Burn!

O.U.C.H. That's all I can say about that. There was no holding back today. Donna and I got served. Do people still say that? Anyhoo, today was a triceps, biceps and leg work out. To warm up, we jogged to the gym and then we were put through the wringer. That work out was insane. There was a lot of moaning and groaning and perhaps a big of cussing was thrown in the mix! We jogged back on jelly legs and were saying how it was an awesome work out. Now the longer we sit, we can really feel the soreness and stiffness setting in. I definitely need a good stretch when I get home. Surprisingly, the blisters didn't bother me at all during the jog. I have 3 miles planned for tomorrow so we shall see how these puppies treat me then!

Before pumping iron, I was really hungry! Around 1100 AM, I had a bag of pretzels and two Cuties.

Then an hour later, I had a banana.

As soon as I got back and changed, I was ready for lunch!

I had a serving of last night's pesto wheat spaghetti, half a cuke and a can of tuna. Yes, a can! I love tuna.

Anyone have suggestions/recipes for butternut squash?

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how you get more and more sore throughout the day? If you're sore in the morning, you know the worst is yet to come! At least you know that means you got a great workout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Donna and I got served. Do people still say that?" Haha, I love that you said that.
    Feeling sore is so funny because you're hurting but you're so proud of how hard you worked out!
    I would cut the squash into cubes and roast it at 400 for 30 minutes, flipping halfway. It gets all caramelized and sweet. Have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete