Monday, February 15, 2010

Zzzzzzzz . . . .

This is going to be a quick one, folks. When the boys and I walked in the door, we were greeted by this scary beast.

So. Much. Laundry! Did I touch it? Nope. I didn't have a chance. It's been b-a-n-a-n-a-s around here. I ran to the grocery store for some taco seasoning. We usually have that on hand but we ran out. GASP. For The Lover, I made a taco casserole using flour tortillas, shredded cheese, diced tomatoes and ground beef. For my version I used the widely searched for Flat Out wraps. I found them at Super Target. Woohoo.


I also used tempeh for my "meat".

Finished product:

In a glass baking dish, put torn up pieces of the wrap as the first layer. Second layer, crumbled tempeh, sprinkle taco seasoning and cheese. Third layer, diced tomatoes, repeat until ending with wrap as final layer. Sprinkle with cheese and tomatoes. Did I love it? No. It was ok. I liked the overall flavor but the texture of the tempeh kind of threw me off. I'm a newbie!

It will be an early morning tomorrow. I didn't have a chance to get my lunch and all my usual things ready tonight. I also have a meeting first thing so my morning post will be late. The bed beckons . . . Have a great night!

2 comments:

  1. Yummm, that dinner looks fantastic! I just recently discovered a love of tempeh. It has such a great texture/taste. And I see a lot of people using Flat Out Wraps, do you recommend them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea - I do recommend the Flat Outs. It was tasty! I think I did something wrong with the tempeh. How do you use it?

    ReplyDelete