Friday, February 5, 2010

Thank you, Newman's Own Organics (NOO)!

Sorry for the lack of posting! It's been so crazy at work! I'll start with a brief recap from yesterday. While being a busy bee, I got a package from Newman's Own Organics! Squealing with excitement, I ripped into their salted pretzel sticks and organic dried apples for a pre-workout snack.

These were so good. I am picky about my pretzels and will usually pick the salt off before eating them. However, the pretzel rods from NOO were just right. The apples were also tasty and deliciously chewy.

After my 4 miler, I was ready for my leftover "oven fried" tofu!
My tofu sammie was fantastic. I had it on a sammie thin with spinach, hummus and tomatoes on the side. I was stuffed for the rest of the day. Both Baby Boy and I had haircuts scheduled yesterday so we snacked on the pretzel rods and dried apples to hold us over until dinner. Baby Boy approved of the apples. To keep him calm during the haircut, he munched on them and almost polished off the entire bag.

We got home and I wanted to take a picture with all the great things NOO sent me to review. Big Boy had his arm in the pretzels in one picture but for some reason, it didn't come through. So both the boys love the pretzels. He was not a fan of the apples so that leaves more for Baby Boy to enjoy!

After a rushed (and weak) dinner of cheese pizza and roasted mushrooms (sorry no pic!) I tried these for dessert:
I seriously need to calm down and take a picture of the package before opening it. :0)
I love soft cookies but I wasn't sure how much I would love a cinnamon flavored cookie. Verdict: Drool-worthy! You could taste the molasses, cinnamon and raisins. Neither of the boys wanted to try them because of some serious cranky-pants action.

Now on to today! Still super busy at work. Whew! For breakfast, I didn't have any ripe bananas for my Green Monster so I experimented with a pear.

Still a pretty green and it was quite tasty. I prefer the banana but it made for a nice change. In my pear Green Monster was:
  • 1 large pear, cut up before blending
  • 1 tablespoon ground flax
  • 2 cups fresh spinach
  • 1.5 cups almond milk
My boss and co-workers are taking me to a fancy-schmancy lunch at a tea room for my birthday! I promise I'll take pics! See you soon.

1 comment:

  1. How on earth did you get all those foods to review? Do you have connections or something? :)

    ReplyDelete