Sunday, February 28, 2010

There's No Place Like Home

Evening, all! What a great and fun family weekend! Friday night, as soon as I got home from work, we were on our way. I think I was able to get a short nursing sesh in with Baby Boy. The Lover had everything loaded and ready to go. We stopped about 2 hours later for dinner. We could tell both boys needed to get out and stretch their leggies. Baby Boy fell asleep for about an hour but Big Boy was up the whole time. When Baby Boy woke up, it was pretty hellish. He cried and wanted out of his carseat. Poor dude. We finally got to the hotel and when the boys walked into the room after the long car ride, they perked right back up and were like little wild animals bouncing off the walls. It was hilarious until about 1130 PM. Both The Lover and I were so ready for bed. I think the boys finally fell asleep around midnight. Talk about living on the edge lol.

Saturday was the big day: Monster Jam! I've never seen the new Cowboys Stadium - and to tell you the truth, I had no clue it was new! It's gorgeous! So shiny . . .

The weather was also faboosh! It was a mad house. So many people were there. I think they said over 70,000 people were there. Cah-razy! When we were heading to the pit party, it seemed like miles until we got there.

Here are a few highlights from the pit party and the show:

Big Boy, The Lover and Papa definitely had a wonderful time. Honestly, it was ok for me. Baby Boy wasn't supposed to go with us but he ended up going. He didn't want to leave the ear covers on. Can't blame him but I didn't want him to go deaf. Those trucks are loud! I took him out to the lobby area for part of the show and The Lover took over for another part. It was so great seeing Big Boy's face though. The excitement in his eyes . . . I'm just so glad we had the opportunity to take him. He had a blast.

I also did something I have never done and never thought I would do. Out of desperation, I nursed Baby Boy in a bathroom. I've always refused to nurse in the bathroom anywhere. When Baby Boy was a newborn, I did go into the bathroom to get him latched until I got the hang of it. After that, I was a pro. At the stadium, there were so many people and nowhere to sit and comfortably nurse. So, I went with the family restroom. C'est la vie!

The trip back home was much, much better. They were both exhausted and slept most of the way. We stopped at the state line for lunch and stopped again in Norman, OK. I've been wanting to visit Mason's Pecans and Peanuts, a local place that makes nut brittles, butters and cookies. We bought some things for the boys and of course some cookies but I'm most excited about finding pumpkin butter! Woohoo! Look for it in upcoming posts.

It feels so wonderful to be home! We had a fantastic time but there is nothing like your own house. I didn't document anything I ate but I promise you it was not healthy! I did get one short, 1.5 mile run in and it felt great. Thank goodness for hotel gyms. Not only was I happy to be home but so was Baby Boy. He was pretty clingy and not his usual happy-go-lucky self. The Lover and I kept asking each other, "What has gotten into him?" Baby Boy was back to normal the longer we were home. So nice!

I was also so happy about making my dinner in my own kitchen. Sounds crazy but we were so sick of eating out. For dinner tonight, I made tofu stir fry.

It contained:
  • 1.5 servings of WW linguine
  • 1/2 cup broccoli
  • 1/2 cauliflower
  • 1/2 cup shredded parsnips
  • 1/2 cup shredded carrots
  • roasted tofu
  • 1 T peanut butter
  • soy sauce
To prepare the tofu: I pressed it and sliced into cubes. Lightly spray cookie sheet with cooking spray, sprinkle S&P and some garlic powder.  Roast in 400 degree oven for 45 minutes. I prepared the linguine as directed, drained and added it to the broc, cauliflower, parsnips and carrots. Add the tofu, PB and soy sauce last. Full of veggies and carbs and it SO hit the spot!

I'm going to get the boys' things ready for school. They will be going to school and The Lover and I are off. We're looking forward to it! I'm also getting a 10 miler in tomorrow so I better hit the hay! Feels great to be home and I'm looking forward to sleeping in my own bed! Nighty night!


  1. Welcome home! Glad you had a good trip! Missed your posts!

  2. Oh it sounds like you had so much fun! Have a great Monday!

  3. Sounds like a great trip. FUN!!
    I hear you about nursing in a bathroom. I always thought it was uncomfortable which is why I hated it. I became an out in public pro. I loved my Hooter Hider!!

  4. Your trip looks fab! I have always wanted to attend one of these, but thus far have only seen it on television!!