Wednesday, February 3, 2010

An Open Letter To My Mother-In-Law

Nana - Please, I beg you, quit making the delicious homemade trail mix! Thank you.

xoxo - Retta

Seriously, I cannot stop eating this stuff. While making dinner, I had a bowl (x2.5) of the trail mix. It has almonds, cashews, pumpkin seeds, coconut, dried pineapple and raisins in it. YUMMO.

After prying myself away from the mix, I got busy making chicken parmesan for The Lover and Tofu Parmesan for myself. The tofu piece is HUGE. Verdict: NOM, NOM, NOM!!


To make the Tofu Parmesan, I pressed the firm tofu for 30 - 40 minutes to drain the water out. While tofu is being pressed, preheat oven to 400 degrees. I wasn't certain how to cut it so I just split the piece in two, cutting legnth-wise. Then, dip both sides of tofu in lightly beaten egg. I cheated and used an "oven fry" breading for the outside. Coat tofu in the breading and place on a cookie sheet that has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Cook for about 30 minutes (total guess on time). For about 5 minutes, broil the tofu until the top gets nice and brown. I also threw in some mushrooms sprinkled with salt to broil with the tofu. Serve tofu on WW spaghetti and pasta sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan and cheese (all I had was cheddar) and ENJOY. It was wonderful and I can't wait to have the other piece for lunch tomorrow!

For dessert, I had half of an apple sprinkled with cinnamon. With a tablespoon of chocolate chips on the side.

I just realized I skipped my stretches after running today. The hip flexors and calves feel super tight. I better squeeze a sesh of stretching in before doing some chores and giving Baby Boy a bath. I think Big Boy is still on a sugar rush from yesterday. :0)

Retta is starting to feel a tiny bit overwhelmed! Big Boy's party is in two days! Ack!

No comments:

Post a Comment