Thursday, February 25, 2010

Twinkies

I swear Donna and I are becoming twins! On Tuesday, we were running and I was complaining that my right booty was hurting and she said her left one was hurting. Today, we both were rocking dirty socks to the gym. She's like my long lost twin. The super cool part is that we have an age difference of more than 15 years but we get along so well. Ok, enough of that sappy stuff!

My pre-workout snack was two cuties and some chocolate mint tea.

We did tons of core work today. It was crazy but fun. While doing planks, all I could think was, "Thank you Jillian Michaels!" Thanks to her 30 Day Shred and No More Trouble Zones DVDs, I felt like I did pretty well with the planks and my form in general was pretty tight. RAISE THE ROOF!

Lunch was kind of rushed since I had a meeting soon after but it was still awesome!


All together:

I started munching on the carrot before taking a pic. I was hongree! My wrap contained:
  • sweet potato
  • spinach
  • hummus
  • 1/2 cup butter beans
Put all ingredients on a Flat Out wrap and yummers. I gave butter beans a whirl for the second time in my life. I love red kidney, black, garbanzo . . . I'm a bean lover! But the butter beans were a bit bland to me. Thank goodness for the hummus on the wrap. I dipped the carrots in some leftover hummus.

If you can believe it, I was hungry again after the meeting! My snackaroo hit the spot as usual.


  • 3/4 cup non-fat plain yogurt
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin flaxseed granola
  • sliced banana
I use the boys' tupperware containers to pack my lunch. They are so handy and just the right portion sizes! I love using Baby Boy's spoons and forks too. Again, perfect size and he doesn't use utensils yet so someone's gotta do it!

I pack my breakfast, lunch and snacks for a whole day. I'm in and out of the office fridge every couple hours. If I don't plan, I end up not always making the healthiest choices.

Do you plan your meals for the day or do you wing it?

1 comment:

  1. I love the snack smile - it reminds me of those adorable American Express commercials! :)

    I wing what I eat 99% of the time, but I really should menu plan more often. It always results in less food waste and less $$ spent on take-out!

    ReplyDelete