Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Change of Plans

In anticipation of my run and new route, I had a ginormous pear and almond buttah by Artisana!


My sad, empty jar:

So far, I've had their walnut butter and almond butter and I have to say I loved the walnut butter more. It was sooo good! I had to add a couple extra 'Os' so you got the picture!

Though I planned on running solo today, Donna and I ventured out to drive the route I had in mind to check distance. While driving the route, we saw some very suspicious vehicles and part of the route was creepy. I had to listen to my gut. Neither of us felt comfortable so instead of doing my run on my lunch break, I'm leaving a tad bit early to tackle the run in my 'hood. I would do the new route if I had a running partner but I just did not feel safe doing it on my own.

My lunch was leftover "taco" casserole from Monday night.


The casserole contained:
  • 1 Flat Out wrap
  • 1/3 crumbled block of tempeh
  • taco seasoning
  • about 1/3 cup shredded cheese
  • diced tomatoes
I didn't love it Monday night but it was way better today. Sometimes leftovers are just better after the first night!

Do you ever have a feeling if something isn't safe? Do you typically ignore it or listen to your "gut"?

2 comments:

  1. Walnut butter sounds so good, why haven't I tried that?
    I almost always listen to my gut. It doesn't lie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you on following your gut. I used to walk this somewhat secluded path when we lived in GA and I was always so paranoid about it - but I had our dogs with me (one of which was big) so I figured that was good protection. :) If I was by myself, I probably wouldn't have chosen that path! As for different nut butters, the only one I eat now is cashew butter. It's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete