Monday, February 8, 2010

A Good Run, Faboosh Lunch & Exciting News!

Good afternoon! I just reread my morning post and realized I sounded like such a Debbie Downer. I promise I wasn't trying to but I was so frustrated with how things went this morning. You win some and you lose some :0)!!

After writing my morning post, I tuned into an on-line Michael Jackson radio station. He always perks me up. As predicted, my 4 miler did indeed lift my spirits. Yay! Exercise does a body and mind good! I am going to try to get in some strength after work today. I haven't done any strength in a week!

I came back from my run to find a surprise waiting for me! I opened it quickly and the wonderful people at Premier Organics sent me an array of different butters to try.

From top left: Cacao Bliss, Coconut Butter, Cashew Butter, Almond Butter, Macadamia Butter, Walnut Butter and Tahini. I can't wait to try them all!

For lunch, I had packed a huge serving of some leftover cous cous with chickpeas, celery, baby carrots and garlic hummus.

Fresh, light and filling! So . . . on to my exciting news!! I am officially registered for the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon! I signed up for the half-marathon and will be running on my employer's one of three relay teams. I'll start the first leg of the relay, which is a 6.2k and continue on to do the halfie. The 6.2k counts towards the 13.1 miles. It's official and I'm pumped! I'm about to break out into the Cabbage Patch. Ya'll remember that move from the early 90s? You know you remember how to do it!

I am being videotaped for a training segment later so I better go primp!

How do you get yourself out of a funk?

4 comments:

  1. Way to rock through your run girlie! And those nut butters?? Can I say jealous?? Great lunch. I love that you got in protein, carbs, healthy fats and great veggies. Congrats on signing up for the half. I can't wait to hear more about your training!! Hope the rest of your week goes well.

    To get out of a funk, I write down whats bugging me and how I can work through the issues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is a great thing to come home to! Can't wait to see what you think of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. being video taped sounds fun. good luck! knock em' dead girl.

    also, let us know how that package of butter turns out. holla, holllla.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I think that package of nut butters would be the perfect thing to cheer me up! I don't know that I have a normal thing that I do to cheer myself up. Sometimes, I just go with faking it until it becomes reality.

    ReplyDelete