Friday, January 29, 2010

Birthday Musings

Turning 31 got my brain juices flowing . . . In my high school years and 20s, I was so insecure and unhappy with the way I looked and felt. I would go on these crazy yo-yo diets and exercise for a month or less and just quit. Then I would go back to the yo-yo diets . . .it was vicious cycle. Every time I heard someone say her 30s were so much happier and confidence-filled, I always rolled my eyes and thought "WHATEVER." But it is SO true. Something about turning 30 and having my epiphany . . . Was it finding the right person to support you through it all? Was it becoming parents with that someone? I don't know but it freaking worked and I love it!

So post workout, I had a craving for my baguette that I had in the freezer. I toasted it and smeared it with a wedge of Laughing Cow Swiss - so good!

The Lover came home with Big Boy - yep, still bouncing off the walls. I made a Mexican inspired meal.

I browned some ground beef (which I don't love), drained it and mixed it with a taco seasoning packet. Using a WW wrap, I layed spinach, 1/4 cup of the ground beef, 2 tablespoons cottage cheese, red kidney beans and chickpeas. I tried to roll it up but it was too large and in charge. I still forced the bad boy into the George Forman grill though! Baby Boy and I enjoyed it immensely! For dessert, we shared 4 mint Oreos.

Here are some more birthday snow pics for you! It's been snowing all day!


Being cooped up in the house has made The Lover batty too. He went to hang with the neighbors. Thank goodness! He was practically climbing the walls and was driving me loco!

1 comment:

  1. It's snowing here too and I DREAD the thought of being stuck inside all weekend. No fun!

    Bug I <3 laughing cow!!!

    ReplyDelete