Friday, January 29, 2010

We have the power!

Morning! Anyone used to watch He-Man? I'm probably dating myself with that one. It was a good cartoon! You know you loved it! Good news: We still have power. Whew. I was pretty worried I would wake up to NADA. It's snowing steadily now. Here are some lovely pics from our front yard.


Work closed for today so I get to stay home with the family. And it's my birthday! RAISE THE ROOF. I didn't have any special plans but it is definitely nice that I get to spend my b-dizzle with them. And maybe my second nephew will FINALLY decide to arrive today? Remember my Exciting News? That was from January 12th. I guess he's too cozy and doesn't want to make his debut.

For my birthday breakfast, I decided to try the infamous Breakfast Cookie.

The recipe called for whey protein and I don't have that. I jazzed it up to my tastes. To make my version, mix together in a bowl:
  • 1/3 cup dry oats
  • 1 tablsepoon crunchy peanut butter
  • 1 teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
Mix until crumbly. Then add:
  • 2 tablespoons milk of choice. I went with vanilla almond milk
Mix thoroughly. Then add your choice of add-ins. I went with some chocolate chips and a dollop of pumpkin puree. Smoosh it down and stick in fridge overnight. That's all! I had my cookie with half an apple sprinkled with cinnamon on the side. I was a bit worried how the pumpkin and chocolate would taste but it was great! The crunchy PB was perfect. No need to heat it up but I bet that would be yummy as well.

So The Lover just told me he wanted to take me out to a birthday breakfast. I wish he told me that BEFORE I had brekkie. Sigh. Oh well. I will go and enjoy some coffee. Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. I just read this and HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!! LUV YA!! :)

    ReplyDelete