Sunday, January 17, 2010

"Where's Your Bone From Right Here?"

Hmmm . . . I think Big Boy is going to be a comedian and is also noticing "things." I am not really prepared for that but I guess I will have to ASAP!

What a great family day today has been. It is rare that we take the boys out to do things individually. It's nice to be able to give them undivided attention. I hope they will remember when they are older and realize how special they are to us. Thanks to Nana for watching them in shifts today!

Dinner was creative and filling. I made spaghetti for The Lover with ground beef and used whole wheat spaghetti. I'm glad he likes that because I love the whole wheat pastas. Instead of using ground beef in mine, I used some fried tofu I had picked up at the Asian grocery store last night.



My spaghetti sauce contained:
  • fried tofu
  • chickpeas
  • spinach
  • 1/2 can diced tomatoes
The tofu comes in (approximately) 2 inch cubes. I diced three into 1/2 inch cubes. The rest I put in a freezer bag for later use. For my spaghettie sauce, I used 1/2 can of fire roasted diced tomatoes. The Lover's sauce was meat based so I passed on that. I mixed the tofu with about a 1/4 cup of chickpeas (from my burgers) and spinach for extra oomph. Verdict: TASTY.

For dessert, I found some mint Oreos at the grocery store today. Chocolate + mint = ooh la la!


I enjoyed that times two with a big cup of chamomile and mint tea. No caffiene! It's been a full 24 hours sans meat and I must say, at this point, I don't miss it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment