Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Green Monster Morning!

Top of the morning to you! I feel great today. It's amazing what a good night's rest will do to you. I feel bad for The Lover since he slept on the couch but it was best that both of us sleep well.

I wanted to try something new and yummy for breakfast instead of my usual oatmeal. I have been wanting to try the Green Monster. I've read a lot about it and it sounded like a wonderful way to sneak some additional nutrients into your day. Verdict? FABOOSH. I will be drinking this more often!



Isn't it pretty? To make the Green Monster, I followed Angela's basic recipe:
  • 2 cups spinach
  • 1 banana
  • 1.25 cup milk (cow, almond, rice, etc)
  • ice
The recipe called for flax but I didn't have any so I skipped that. The spinach went in first, then the banana. I gave it a quick spin on "liquify" mode in the blender. The milk was next - I went with 1% cow's milk. Then ice was last. Another quick spin and perfect. I had enough for 2 glasses and Big Boy even drank some. He liked it. Very filling but not tummy busting.

Somehow I skipped one week ahead on my training plan. This is a taper week for me. So yesterday, instead of 4 miles, I should have ran 5. I'll be running 2.25 miles today since I only ran 2.75 yesterday. Tomorrow will be another 5. The meterologists are prediciting this huge winter storm (ice, snow, sleet) for us Okies tomorrow so we will see how this plays out. The last storm was terrible. They keep saying it will be another bad one. Boo!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the blog comments, always appreciated:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might have to try this.

    Loved reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep hearing about these, but have never tried them. I might have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete