Tuesday, January 5, 2010

BRRRRR! It's cold!

Before leaving work for the day, I had a yummy cup o' apples:


I had to let my car warm up after work for 5 minutes before hitting the road. It's been awhile since I've driven my 4 door sedan. I felt like  was zipping right through traffic. The parent that takes the boys to and from daycare gets the gas guzzler. It's roomy and higher off the ground so I feel safer with them in it.

The apple didn't hold me over so I had:


I am so in love with Sabra hummus! Thanks to Baby Sis for introducing me to it. After letting that digest, I did session of Level 3 Shred. I would have done the No More Trouble Zones routine but it's about 50 minutes, including the warm up and cool down.


Still killer! I promise there is muscle under that tummy. Jillian really does deliver! I don't love my abs but I can honestly say I don't hate them either. After all, it helped me protect two babies that I love dearly! While dinner was cooking, I did some mindless snacking. I finally had to put the crackers up and some Goldfish may have swam into my mouth ;0).

For dinner, I made a super comforting beef and barley soup:


Times two! It contained:
  • 1 lb. ground beef
  • 4 stalks celery, sliced
  • 2 handfuls of baby carrots, sliced
  • half a small onion, chopped
  • 1 can of diced tomatoes
  • 1 package beefy onion soup mix
  • 1.5 cup barley
Brown ground beef with onion. Drain very well. Add 5 - 7 cups of water to big soup pot. It depends on how chunky you like your soup. Less water for chunkier soup. Add everything to the water, bring to boil, add dash of basil and salt and pepper to taste. Once it boils, bring to a simmer for 20 minutes. Easy, peasy, very please-y. It was perfect considering it is currently 29 degrees outside. It's going to be one heck of a cold week!

No comments:

Post a Comment