Thursday, January 21, 2010

Stir Fry You in My Wok

I love the Beastie Boys. That lyric is from their song "Intergalatic Planetary". Awesome! When I got home, both boys were happy to see me. I love that. I guess they need a break from me too. My tummy was talking - more like yelling - at me so I broke into my carrots and hummus.



Then I had the "grail" (granola and trail) mix times 2.5. This stuff is addicting!



While making dinner, I sipped on a brew (not pictured). I made shrimp stir fry.



I had almost times two but didn't quite make it. Baby Boy and I shared. Nom, nom, nom. The stir fry contained:
  • whole wheat thin spaghetti
  • soy sauce
  • shrimp
  • diced eggplant
  • fresh green beans
  • broccoli and cauliflower (frozen)
Boil the pasta according to package directions, drain. I stir fried the frozen broc and cauliflower, threw in the shrimp, green beans and pasta. A little salt, pepper and soy sauce. Super easy and it goes a long way. I'll have plenty for lunch tomorrow.

Nana brought over a book called "The Handy Answer Book for Kids (and Parents)." I'm excited to read it. Big Boy asks so many questions and although I know the answers from school, I've forgotten so much so I have to really think before answering. He makes my brain hurt. I want to phrase the answers just right. Example: Big Boy -"Mama, are we made of meat?" Me - "Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. . . "

Do your kiddos ask you some crazy questions? Examples?

I'm thinking about munching on some mint Oreos before going to bed. Have a faboosh evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment