Friday, January 22, 2010

Whoop! It's Friday!

I am so ready for the weekend and Friday is already half over. This morning was Speedy Gonzales. Wow. Again, busy = GOOD. The boys were fantastic this morning. They didn't sleep in but they were in good moods. They must know that it's Friday too. Baby Boy is really doing such a great job on walking. He still reverts to crawling because it gets him to his destination faster but he's almost officially a walker. Sniff, sniff. They grow up so quickly.

While taking care of business at work, I was multi-tasking by doing some Monster Jam research. Big Boy loves all things Monster Jam and has quite the monster truck collection. We were able to take him to the show last year but the arena in Oklahoma is relatively small. There were only six trucks at the show. This year, we'd like to take him to a bigger arena and that means a possible road trip to a different state. Which one? No clue! I would like to go this year to see the excitment on his face. Baby Boy was only 4 months old last time Big Boy went so hopefully all four of us will be going this year. I'm 100% certain a road trip for our family will be VERY interesting.

I had overnight oats for breakfast:


The oats contained:
  • a little more than 1/2 cup dry oats
  • 1/2 non-fat plain yogurt
  • splash of milk (I have a tendency to make it too dry)
  • 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
  • 1 small diced apple
  • 2 teaspoons coconut
  • 4 chopped almonds
I heart overnight oats and it saves me time in the morning. Stick it in the fridge over night and you're gold! I had about 2/3 of what is pictured.

My almost-lunch time snack was a black banana:



Does that happen because I put it in the fridge? I do that when they look like they ripen too fast at room temp. It was good on the inside! My lunch plans include running to get some goo for my run tomorrow. Yep, still freaking nervous!

2 comments:

  1. Bananas actually turn black faster when they are in the fridge. They'll still be fine inside, but ugle on the outside. I'm sure there is some science-y explanation, but I don't know it.

    You don't have to eat them, you could always make them into the Best Ever Banana Bread. That's what I did this afternoon:

    http://foyupdate.blogspot.com/2010/01/best-ever-banana-bread-recipe.html

    ReplyDelete