Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sookie Stackhouse + Winter Storm = Perfect Combination

Well, Baby Boy will definitely get tubes in his ears first thing on Monday morning. My poor baby. It's an outpatient procedure but a mama never wants any of her babies to go through pain or discomfort. They told me no nursing for at least six hours before the procedure but how do you turn down a baby that is hungry? It will be an interesting 24 hours, I'm sure.

Before rushing out of work today, I had an apple around 945 AM and then around 1100 AM, I had pumpkin overnight oats.




If you love pumpkin and oatmeal, you must try this combination! To make pumpkin overnight oats, you will need:
  • 1/2 cup dry slow cooking oats
  • 1/2 non-fat plain yogurt
  • 2 teaspoons brown sugar
  • 1/4 - 1/2 cup (depends on how "pumpkin-y" you like it) pumpkin puree
Mix all ingredients together. Put lid on - or not- store in fridge overnight. For this version, I added a splash of milk and topped my oats with 6 chopped almonds and about 3 teaspoons shredded coconut. Doesn't it look yummo? It is! And so easy!

While at the doc's office, we discovered Baby Boy had a toxic blowout. What was funny was that we couldn't smell it. Dang antibiotics! It makes Sneaky Toxic Diapers. The nurse said it was fine if we changed him in the exam room. However, we didn't have a bag to put the diaper in. Being such innovative parents, we did this.



We stuck the rolled up diaper into a latex glove and wrapped it up nice and tight! We had a super late lunch. Since we were out and about, we stopped at Taco Bueno. Not very healthy but you do what you have to do. I had about 3/4 of this plate -  also, no guac and no sour cream for me.



There was also a mad dash to the grocery store for a few essentials. The meterologists are again stressing that it is going to be a major winter storm for us so we preferred to be prepared in case there were power outages. If we do lose power, I'm excited to dig into this:




I've read every book in the Sookie Stackhouse series and am IN LOVE. I've only watched season one of True Blood and while I enjoy the show, the books are WAY better. There is a new Sookie book coming out in May or April of this year! I'm squealing with excitement!

Any Sookie Stackhouse fans out there? Do you prefer the books or True Blood?

No comments:

Post a Comment