Friday, January 22, 2010

Let's Get It Started!

The countdown is on . . . one more hour and I'm heading out. For you moms out there, do you visualize yourself running towards your children with your arms wide open? Today is that kind of day. Cheesy? Yes.  True? Absolutely! Sometimes I want to drop them off at daycare and burn rubber as I drive off (what mom doesn't?) but others, I just really miss those wild boys.

Lunch was leftover shrimp stir fry. I ate it cold because I didn't want the shrimpy aroma to kill my co-workers if I nuked it.


It's a beautiful - ableit windy - day and I had some serious cabin fever. I headed out for a coffee run.


The iced mocha hit the spot. The apple pie? Well, a girl can't be made of steel all the time! I have a strength work out planned for tonight and lots of sleep. I'm still feeling pretty anxious about my first double digit run.

What are your plans for the weekend?

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for checking out my blog! I am thrilled to see another runner blogging - love it! Keep it up! Any runs planned for the weekend? I loved your comment about 'burning rubber' as you drop the kids off - very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That ice cream looks amazing! What a perfect combination. Good luck with your run!

    ReplyDelete