Sunday, January 31, 2010

French Toast Sunday


Good morning! The boys let us sleep in until 730 AM. Ahhh . . . I could so get used to this! Unfortunately, our coffee pot malfunctioned and instead of brewing a full pot, it got backed up along the way and grounds were in the half pot that was brewed. I don't know how that happens but it's frustrating! I also hate that the coffee gets wasted that way.

After getting some coffee in my system, we thought French toast sounded great for brekkie. I had put out some sausage to defrost but The Lover informed me it was actually ground beef. OOPS. And yuck! I wanted to make sausage for him. He survived though. For their French toast, I did it the regular way, using bread, eggs, milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon. For mine, I used sammie thins, two egg whites, vanilla almond milk and cinnamon.


I know, I know, I need some new plates. I just really love this one and I got it from Target for less than $1.00! I should have gotten the other designs but this one just popped at me. The sammie thin French toast and egg whites were perfect and chewy. I topped mine with about a tablespoon of pumpkin puree, 1 teaspoon of non-fat plain yogurt, a pinch of coconut and a small squirt of honey. Oh and don't forget the pumpkin pie spice and a small gala apple. Perfection!

It's already been a busy cleaning morning. It's kind of creepy. I'm cleaning like I am nesting. Nesting is what pregnant ladies do and I am not. See? Creepy! But I will take the nesting-like cleaning frenzy because the house needs it!

Hopefully I will be able to get out and about today. I need to replensih our fresh fruits and veggies as well as maybe hit the mall. Victoria's Secret sent me a birthday coupon for $10 off any purchase and it expires today! Have a faboosh Sunday all!

3 comments:

  1. Yummy looking french toast! I've been wanting to try that with the sandwich thins.
    Would you like to come clean my house haha?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo happy shopping! I was thinking french toast this morning too but being that Im the only one who likes it I didnt bother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha, love your comment about "nesting" too funny! and i'm jealous you have pumpkin puree, I can't find pumpkin in my grocery store :(

    thanks for visiting my blog and looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete