Monday, January 18, 2010

So sleepy . . .

I had a yummy snackaroo before picking the boys up from daycare:


Yogurt and pumpkin flaxseed granola. I also added a 1/4 cup of pumpkin puree and 1 teaspoon brown sugar. The other half of the banana from lunch is also in that big pile of yum. It needed something more. Maybe another teaspoon of brown sugar and less granola?

Before The Lover came home, I had the pretzel cheddar crackers. These are insanely good. I caught myself grabbing a few every time I walked by the box so I finally had to put them away and give myself a firm "no" like I do with the boys!



For dinner, I made the boys oven fried chicken. Before putting their chicken in the coating, I dipped thick slices of eggplant into a beaten egg and coated the pieces. I baked both (well separated!) in the oven until nice and crispy.


On the side was a big spinach salad with sliced cukes and carrots. Also, I experimented with parsnips! While peeling, their frangrance kind of turned me off. It was a tad strong. However, after slicing and roasting in the oven with a bit of butter and Mrs. Dash - it was awesome!

For dessert, I had half an apple and some crack - I mean, mint Oreos (x2). I'm going to ration those or something. So addicting! Oh and I had a Michelob Ultra while making dinner.



The bed is calling my name. Going to wrap up some last minute things and hit the hay! Have a great night!

1 comment:

  1. Mmm...your eats look so yummy! :) Yogurt + pumpkin flaxseed granola looks fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete