Thursday, January 7, 2010

Eggplant Experiment

Hunger hit me - as usual - about 30 - 45 minutes before leaving work. I had the last of my pumpkin flax granola with plain yogurt and a sliced banana. Boohoo. I'll have to purchase more pronto.



Once I got home, I was starving again. So I had hummus and my faux pita bread. No pita in the house so I super toasted a sammie thin and cut it into quarters.


In my quest to try new veggies and new recipes, I impulsively purchased an eggplant at the store last weekend. I've been dying to try it in a "burger". After peeling and slicing the eggplant, I seasoned 2 slices with garlic powder, salt and pepper. I lightly sprayed the George Foreman grill with cooking spray and tossed them on. It doesn't take long! Oh and while that was grilling, I had some Fritos.


Pretty, huh? On my burger was:
  • sammie thin
  • 1 1/4 eggplant slices
  • one very thin slice ham (for a "bacon" effect)
  • spinach
  • smear of hummus
  • cheddar cheese
I broiled the cheese on the eggplant until it was nice and melted. Seriously, It. Was. Freaking. Delish. I served with a pickle and some Fritos. I will have to make this again VERY soon! Unfortunately, both boys declined having a taste of my burger so they may be having deer chili with The Lover. The rest of the eggplant is in the fridge for another meal soon. Anyone know how long eggplant will last?

For dessert, I plan on having these:


A brew may also be in my near future. The Lover, brother-in-law and friend are watching a football game. Though I am not a fan, it is always a good reason for a brewski. Hmmmm . . . maybe I should clean while they are watching the game. I need to work on my closet.



Scary, huh? I have lots of clothes, not much space and I throw stuff everywhere in the mornings when I look for something to wear.

Have a wonderful night!

No comments:

Post a Comment