Thursday, January 14, 2010

"Mama, I want that!"

I'm pretty sure I've heard that 4 word sentence close to 25 times since arriving at home. I just wanted to get out of my work duds first.

Before The Lover got home, I had a wonderful snack:


Pumpkin Spice Yogurt topped with pumpkin flaxseed granola and half a sliced banana. So very good. To make the yogurt:

  • 1/2 cup non-fat plain  yogurt
  • 1/3 package of Jello pumpkin spice pudding mix
Stir well and top with your choice of toppings! Probably not the healthiest but I thought the combo sounded good. And indeed, 'twas!

Dinner was chicken salad.



It was made with:
  • diced chicken
  • 1.5 diced gala apples
  • 2 diced boiled eggs
  • salt and pepper to taste
I was sneaky and tricked The Lover. Instead of using all mayo, I used non-fat plain yogurt. I got this idea from another blog. I did add almost 3 tablespoons of regular mayo but I don't think he would have noticed. It was a healthier version. I was super hungry - not gonna lie. I had two sammies! I don' think dessert will be on the agenda tonight. I may need to be rolled down the hall to the bed! Now to tackle this mess:


No comments:

Post a Comment