Sunday, January 31, 2010

It's Going Be A Long Night

Well, tomorrow morning is when our precious Baby Boy is getting tubes in his ears. I know that it's a common procedure but I'm still so nervous. I've heard breastfed babies have a lower chance of getting ear infections and tubes but Baby Boy is an exception, I guess. Boohoo. So after midnight tonight, no nursing and fasting until after his procedure. He is a big night time nurser so I will be sleeping on the couch and The Lover will be on daddy duty tonight. I am sure they will do fine but I will be wide awake I'm sure. I have trouble sleeping anywhere but our bed.

I know I had something to snack on before dinner. I didn't take a pic and now I can't remember what it was? I know I had some homemade trail mix and something else. Anyhoo, I swear my brain will be back to normal once Baby Boy's procedure is over, I get my runs in again and I get out of the freaking house!

Dinner was super simple since we are running low on groceries.

Goulash! So easy, quick and cheap to make. To make goulash:
  • 1 lb ground beef (bleck)
  • 3/4 box of whole wheat rotini (I like Rotini)
  • 1 can fire roasted garlic diced tomatoes
Brown and drain beef. Boil pasta according to package directions, drain. Add beef, pasta and undrained can of diced tomatoes. That's it! You can add anything to it veggie-wise. I diced two handfuls of fresh spinach and mixed it in at the very end. Yum. I had what is showm times two. For dessert, I had pumpkin chocolate chip bread and threw the rest away. I could live on it but it's just too much for Baby Boy and I to eat!

Now, to finish watching the Grammys, get Baby Boy settled for the night and hope for sleep. Wish us luck for tomorrow! Oh and I finally changed out of my PJs into fresh PJs lol!

Any advice on what we can expect after the tubes are placed?

1 comment:

  1. After the tubes, he might be a little groggy for the rest of the day, but my daughter was wide open! You'll have a new kid!

    She was breastfed too, my son was not and never had any trouble!

    ReplyDelete