Wednesday, January 27, 2010

"Tube"ular Wednesday

Morning and Happy Hump Day! I must say I am in a fantastic mood. Why? Because I may have found someone to join our company relay team. We are running in the OKC Memorial Marathon and our company has two teams so far. We are having trouble finding runners for the 12k leg on both teams. So maybe one down and one to go? Yay! I'm still keeping an eye out for another 12k leg runner so any Okies out there, if you're interested, let me know! If you are not sure why this marathon is so important to so many Oklahomans, please read about it here.


I apologize for the lack of post last night. It got a little crazy. We headed over to Nana and Papa's house for a little visit. Before leaving, Nana hooked us up with brownies!



For dinner, I made BBQ chicken pizza. I used a variation of Meghann's recipe.


I prepared the dough according to Jiffy's package directions. Then, I added:
  • light layer of Head Country BBQ sauce
  • sprinkle of shredded cheese
  • cooked chicken simmered in vegetable broth (I'm an addict!)
  • broccoli
  • cauliflower
  • another light layer of shredded cheese
It was very yummy! I am not a huge fan of BBQ but the light layer was perfect. I also love thin pizza crusts - so crispy. Not shabby for my first try at BBQ pizza. Then for dessert, I had one of those delicious brownies. Okay, okay, I had two. :0) I was so full. My tummy actually hurt. I was more than ready to go to bed.

For brekkie, I had another date with the Green Monster. I am officially hooked.

To make the Green Monster:
  • 2 cups fresh (forgot to mention that yesterday) spinach
  • 1.25 cups your choice of milk (I used cow's 1%)
  • 1 banana
  • ice
I am going to buy some flax this weekend to add to the party. First, add the spinach, then banana, milk and ice last. Liquefy in the blender and you're ready to rock. It is really delicious and so good for you.

There are some pressing things I need to do and then The Lover and I are taking Baby Boy to visit the otolaryngologist to see if he needs tubes in his little ears. Boohoo.

Any advice for us on what to expect? We have absolutely no experience in the tubes department.

3 comments:

  1. you are so brave to eat the gREEN MONSTER! lol.
    bbq chicken adn brownies sounds like an amazing meal. so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gah I love brownies. Can't get enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you need tons of info on tubes, email me. Long and short of it is that it is the best thing we EVER did for our daughter. She was 10 months old. Short procedure, and she didn't even slow down for one day.
    Worth it times a million and we haven't had to go to the dr. other than well checks since.

    ReplyDelete