Monday, January 18, 2010

Good Pumpkin Morning to You!

I'm off today but I don't think the boys got the memo. They both woke up early but that's ok. The day will be busy and I didn't want to waste it lazing around. The boys will go to daycare so I can take care of business around the house. I don't know about other working moms out there but I used to feel guilty for taking them to daycare when I had the day off from work. We still have to pay for the day if I keep them home with me and honestly, I appreciate the break.

I wanted a hearty breakfast for my busy day so I made Pumpkin Pancakes:



I went to bed last night thinking about pumpkin panackes. To make them, I prepared the batter per package instructions:
  • WW pancake mix (Aunt Jemima)
  • 1/4 pumpkin puree
  • dash of pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 sliced banana
  • 4 or 5 chopped almonds
The package instructions called for 1 cup of milk and I reduced it to 3/4 cup instead and decreased the oil amount to 1/2 tablespoon instead of 1 tablespoon. My thought was that the pumpkin puree would add some moisture back in without making them soggy. They came out great! The taste was lightly pumpkin and creamy, though not soggy at all. I topped the pancakes with the banana, dash of pumpkin pie spice and almonds. Delish!

Now to get my booty in gear. An oil change, run out to work for a bit, strength training, 3 mile run, laundry and walk with Big Sis are on the agenda today. Whew! Just thinking about it makes me tired! Have a great morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment