Saturday, January 23, 2010

My Knees are Knocking

Ahhh Saturday. Sleeping in until 730 AM feels so good. I typically wake up at 530 AM every day and really, even 630 AM feels like sleeping in. It's a bit dreary outside right now but the temp will get into the lower 60s by the afternoon. Yay! For breakfast, I wanted to go hearty while also fueling myself for the 10 miler today.



I had four pumpkin pancakes left in the freezer, waiting for a day like today. I topped them with a smalled diced apple that I warmed with about 2 teaspoons of honey. I also added dashes of cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice to the apples. The whole yummy plate was topped with 6 chopped almonds. Gotta have the healthy fats! Baby Boy also enjoys the pumpkin pancakes.

It will be windy, especially around the lake where Baby Sis and I will be running. I'm super excited and yes, still nervous to enter the double digits! I'm that much closer to half-marathon distance!

Remember: Preventing running injuries are much easier than recovering from them. The #1 cause of injuries is increasing mileage too fast. As a rule, increase mileage weekly by no more than 10% is safest.

Wish us luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment