Saturday, January 23, 2010

My Knees are Knocking

Ahhh Saturday. Sleeping in until 730 AM feels so good. I typically wake up at 530 AM every day and really, even 630 AM feels like sleeping in. It's a bit dreary outside right now but the temp will get into the lower 60s by the afternoon. Yay! For breakfast, I wanted to go hearty while also fueling myself for the 10 miler today.



I had four pumpkin pancakes left in the freezer, waiting for a day like today. I topped them with a smalled diced apple that I warmed with about 2 teaspoons of honey. I also added dashes of cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice to the apples. The whole yummy plate was topped with 6 chopped almonds. Gotta have the healthy fats! Baby Boy also enjoys the pumpkin pancakes.

It will be windy, especially around the lake where Baby Sis and I will be running. I'm super excited and yes, still nervous to enter the double digits! I'm that much closer to half-marathon distance!

Remember: Preventing running injuries are much easier than recovering from them. The #1 cause of injuries is increasing mileage too fast. As a rule, increase mileage weekly by no more than 10% is safest.

Wish us luck!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    Vincent
    petitchef.com

    ReplyDelete