Friday, January 22, 2010

So meaty . . .

The Lover was craving something "meaty" (his words) for dinner. He really wanted a burger. Since he was having a burger, I wanted to have one too. Honestly, I don't miss meat that much. Sure, it smells great and all that jazz but I don't feel like I'm missing out. So enter, the chickpea burger!



To change things up, I used red kidney beans instead of my usual black beans. To make the burger, you need:
  • 1/3 cup chickpeas
  • 1/3 cup red kidney beans
  • egg white
Warm the beans in the microwave for about 30 seconds to soften. Slightly mash beans and add egg white. Mix well and form into a ball. Place in a lightly oiled pan. Let cook for a few minutes, press down into a patty. Let it cook for a few minutes longer and gently flip.

I had my burger on a toasted sammie thin, smeared with a wedge of Laughing Cow Swiss cheese and baby spinach. Oh and about 1/3 of an apple on the side. I loved the combo of the chickpeas and kidney beans. However, I accidentally got some yolk in it so my burger was a little too "eggy". It was still delish though.

More than likely, a scoop of this will be making its way into my belly:




Before making dinner, I had a small bowl of pumpkin seed flax granola with milk. I also got in a sesh of 30 Day Shred - Level 3. I was not feeling it but as always, once it's over and done, I feel great for doing it! Have a wonderful night!

No comments:

Post a Comment