Saturday, January 23, 2010

I killed those 10 miles!

First, let me start with my pre-run snack. I had a toasted sammie thin with PB, half a sliced banana and a handful of multi-grain Tostito chips. I love those chips.



I made sure to get a good warm up/stretch before Baby Sis got to my house. I also got a quick nursing session in with Baby Boy. It's like he does a fuel up before my long runs as well. So funny. Baby Sis and I got to the running trail and walked for a good warm up. I didn't time the first mile but I'm thinking it was 12:00 minutes or so. I did start timing at mile 2 and I was surprised it was at a 10:59 pace! We kept that pace up until mile 4. I was feeling some stiffening and decided to take some goo. I stopped the clock for bathroom, water and stretch breaks. I let it run for walking breaks. From mile 4 - 5, the wind was brutal and it did affect our time. The pace was more like 12:00 - 13:00. At mile 6, I felt awesome and was in the zone. I took another goo at mile 7.


Mile 8 was kind of rough. I took more walking breaks than I wanted but I still managed to make it in less than 13:00. At mile 9, I felt a second wind (runner's high?) and really cranked it out. At about 9.5, I started crying. I know, sappy! But damn it, I was so proud of myself and I kept thinking, "Why was I so scared?" I sprinted the 1/2 mile. My pace for the last mile was 11:00-ish. I say "ish" because when I stopped the clock, it said 1 hour and 46 minutes and blah-blah seconds. I tried to take a pic and ended up accidentally clearing it. Yes, I was pissed! But all in all, I am so pleased with my time. My training plan was calling for 13:01 minute miles so it predicted I would be finished in 2 hrs and 5 minutes. I finished in 1 hour and 58 minutes. Seven minutes is 7 minutes! WHOOP. I am so darn proud of myself!



This is a very stiff Baby Sis:



She did an awesome job! As soon as we got back home, there was a lot of this going on:



I also made a yummy post-run snack. I got this recipe for pumpkin yogurt from another blog. I ate it straight out of the container. There wasn't much left haha:





To make this (I am guessing the measurements):
  • 3/4 cup plain non-fat yogurt
  • 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
  • 2 teaspoons brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin flaxseed granola
Mix well and gobble it up! It is faboosh. Seriously. The Lover is going to take me out to dinner! Yay! See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment