Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Musings on Biggest Loser

Morning! It was a tad bit chaotic this morning but not too shabby. The Lover is off today so he was able to take the boys to daycare. YAY. I needed a mini-break. However, both boys decided to wake up early so Mama entertained them while The Lover slept in a little. Waking up before 500 AM on most days deserves sleeping in just a tiny bit right?

I was super hungry so my normal bowl of oatmeal was calling my name.



I was a little heavy handed with the cinnamon and it was great!

Thank goodness for DVRs. If it weren't for that dandy thing, I would not get to watch any of my shows. My must-see shows are The Biggest Loser, Lost (coming back soon!) and Vampire Diaries. The DVR is set to record all three CSIs but I never watch them anymore. Usually, I delete them to make room for Blue's Clues, Wow Wow Wubbzy and Monster Jam.

I was able to finish last night's Biggest Loser episode this morning. I am obsessed with that show! I haven't watched it since the beginning - just started last season. I feel like that is the only "reality" show that is impacting watchers in a positive way. However, two things kind of rubbed me the wrong way. It's obvious the trainers know what they are doing or they wouldn't be trainers on the show. It was mentioned that snacking inhibits weight loss. I must disagree with this. Making smart snacking choices keeps me from gorging myself on the "main" meals - breakfast, lunch and dinner. Also, there was a commercial for the Taco Bell diet. I felt that was pretty irresponsible, considering it is a weight loss show that touches so many people. Fast food is fast food. Sure, it's all about moderation but what is up with showing a chick in a bikini that looks like she hasn't touched a taco in her entire life?

On the other hand, what works for one person might now work for the next. What are your thoughts on snacking inhibiting weight loss and the Taco Bell diet? I've heard much buzz about that "diet."

1 comment:

  1. I think it depends on how you are looking at snacking, don't they recommend 4-5 small "meals" per day? Obviously 1-2 of those are snacks.. its all a view point I think and most people these days probably have a snack every hour or so or consider a big bag of doritos to be a snack.

    As for the taco bell diet.. yea my husband and I both commented on how ridiculous that was

    ReplyDelete