Thursday, January 14, 2010

No More Mrs. Krabby Patty

This is going to be a long one, folks! Lots of pics for your viewing enjoyment. Let's start with last night's recap.

While dinner was cooking, I snacked on my "pita" (made out of toated sammie thin) and hummus.




Dinner was delish!



Baked tilapia with brown rice, green beans and a biscut. To make the tilapia, I put some vegetable broth in a glass baking dish. Place tilapia in dish, lightly salt & pepper and bake at 400 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes. While that was cooking, I made brown rice with vegetable broth in my rice cooker. Also, in a saucepan, melt 1 - 2 tablespoons butter, crush crackers and mix well. Top tilapia with cracker crumbs and broil until golden. YUMMY. I served the tilapia with the brown rice topped with chickpeas and blackbeans. I ate all of the fish, rice and beans. I had half of the biscut and didn't eat the green beans.

An hour after dinner, I had the last of the Baskin Robbins' ice cream cake with a Ghiradelli mint-filled piece of chocolate. Thank goodness the cake is gone. That stuff is like crack!


This morning I was super grouchy. As if you couldn't tell from my morning post! I had my normal oatmeal but I added a dash of pumpkin pie spice. I had all of the banana and about 2/3 of the oatmeal. My breakfast was relecting my mood.




I was pretty much a Grouchy Grumpus all morning. I know it was because of Baby Boy needing tubes in his ears. Poor guy. I made an appointment with the otolaryngologist (aka Ear, Nose and Throat doc) for the end of January. It felt better to get that out of the way. For my pre-run snack, I had baby carrots and hummus.


I was really hoping my run would perk me up and guess what? IT DID. It was exactly what I needed. I did 2 miles in 21 minutes. That is an improvement for me! I have been really wanting to improve my pace time and slowly but surely it's getting better. IN YOUR FACE, 2 miles! I was dying and sweating by the end but I was pumped!! After chugging some water, I quickly glanced around to make sure I was alone before slyly picking the fast-paced induced wedgie.

Lunch was a winner! I tried my chickpea and black bean burger experiment again. Success! The egg white definitely held it all together and I was able to heat it up with it falling apart.




To make the "burger:" Combine about 1/4 cup of each of rinsed chickpeas and black beans, microwave for roughly 10 - 15 seconds to soften and mash together. Add one egg white and mix thoroughly. Form into a ball and place in a skillet lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Press down to form a patty. Once brown, flip and brown other side. Perfection! I had it on a sammie thin, spinach and a smear of hummus. I had an apple for dessert. You will be seeing this again in the near future!

Thank goodness my mood improved. I am so not meant to be a Debbie Downer. Annoyingly chipper? Yes. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment