Sunday, January 24, 2010

Super Sunday

Morning! Sorry for the lack of post last night. After dinner, we were pretty much wiped out so we came home, vegged and were in bed by 930 PM. It was so nice!

For dinner, I had a plate of fried goodness. Shrimp, fries and a cheesey biscuit. I didn't clean the plate but I did munch on some when I got home. I know I will feel not so great today. Oops.


I also had two brews:


Big Boy stayed the night with my mom last night. Baby Boy actually let us sleep in until 800 AM. Shocking! I am not sore from yesterday's run. I was pretty worried about the left knee. It tends to get super stiff but I'm glad it was stiff yesterday after the run and after a lot of stretching and icing, it seems fine today.

For breakfast, I made whole wheat pancakes. I love them a little too much!



To prepare the pancakes, I followed the directions on the Aunt Jemima box. My three pancakes were topped with a pumpkin mixture I whipped up on the fly. It contained:
  • 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
  • 5 chopped almonds
  • 1.5 tablespoons shredded coconut
  • generous squirt of honey
  • dashes of cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice
Mix well. It was wonderful! I know it looks funky but it was like eating pumpkin pie for breakfast. I will definitely make that again. After breakfast, I did the dishes and we have no plans so far. It's kind of nice. Oh and yesterday was the last day of my Pescetarian Challenge Week.

How did I do? Well, I didn't have meat once. I had shrimp at two meals and imitation crab (fish) at one meal. Physically, I feel fantastic. I like not eating meat. However, merging it with family meals was difficult at times. And also irritated The Lover at other times. Honestly, I don't know if I will continue with the no meat thing. We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment