Friday, January 1, 2010

Oh pancakes, I love thee!

Morning! If you haven't figured it out by now, I love pancakes! When I woke up, an idea popped in my head: Warm apples and cinnamon. Drool. I love the weekends. I like to cook breakfast for the family and honestly, it's an excuse to make pancakes.

My breakfast contained:
  • a small scoop of scrambled eggs
  • a sausage link
  • mandatory coffee
  • WW pancakes
  • apples and cinnamon topping
To make the topping, I sliced half a gala apple (these are my all time favorite) into little chunks, put about a teaspoon of honey (a guess), sprinkle of cinnamon. I tossed it all into a small saucepan on low heat. The juice from the apple and honey made a nice little sauce. Heaven! I polished the pancakes off, finished the sausage and about 2/3 of the eggs. That's my kind of breakfast! Oh and I used one of my Christmas presents to cook the sausages.


George Foreman grill in action. I cook with chopsticks all the time. And some random action figure helping me out. Yes, my counter tops and stove are cheesy. Haha.

I meant to post after dinner last night but I was exhausted. I did the Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones DVD. I highly recommend it. That chick will whip you into shape. I am feeling the burn today! As gross as this is, I felt sweat rolling down my back. It's killer! It's good to work out the rest of your body and not just do the same thing, like running. I love running but working your core and upper body makes you a stronger runner.

My dinner last night was so weak. I had Ramen. I hardly touch the stuff anymore because of lack of nutritional value and it's so high in fat and sodium. I was super lazy and we are running out groceries. I felt the puffiness from the sodium in my hands this morning. Boo!

On my agenda today, I plan on getting a 5 mile run in sometime in the early afternoon. Hopefully it warms up! I also plan on tackling this house. I swear there are toys in every corner of the house. I am about to scream! The laundry is also out of control. We all got clothes for Christmas so there is a ton of laundry to do. We also have a nice New Year's dinner at Baby Sis' house this evening.

What's on your agenda today?

No comments:

Post a Comment