Thursday, January 7, 2010

I'm a Barbie Girl, In a Barbie World

Sorry that song was just on and now it's stuck in my head! Now it's stuck in yours! You know you love it.

Sorry for the funky post last night. I started posting and Baby Boy cruised over and did something to the computer to shut it down. I thought about rebooting but I was way too tired.

When we got home yesterday, I had:

  • toasted sammie thin
  • about 2 tablespoons PB
  • half a sliced banana
While cooking dinner, I had about 3/4 of this:


For dinner, I was craving fried rice! I love carbs. To jazz it up and make it healthier, I used brown rice instead of white.


Baby boy and I had this times two. I'm sure you've figured it out that I share everything I eat with him (except alcohol haha). It was delicious. It contained:
  • brown rice cooked with vegetable broth
  • fresh sliced mushrooms
  • fresh broccoli
  • diced onions
  • eggs
  • chicken
  • soy sauce
Brown rice requires more liquid during cooking than white rice. It can be dry if left sitting too long so I added a very generous amount of vegetable broth to my rice cooker. While that was cooking, I cooked and diced the chicken and scrambled the eggs. Set aside. Add a bit of oil to the pan/pot, stir fry onions until tender. Add rice, then chicken. I had a cheat packet of fried rice seasoning but I forgot to take a pic. I added that, the soy sauce and chicken. Mix well. Add the broccoli, mushrooms and eggs last. You want them to retain their color and the broccoli still had some crunch to it. Yummy in my tummy!

About an hour later, I felt hungry AGAIN so I had this times two:

Pumpkin and flaxseed granola with plain yogurt. This is so addicting. I shared both servings with both my boys. They love it too.

Even though this morning was positively frigid - the high today is going to be 17 - I am in a great mood! The routine was pretty smooth this morning and went without a hitch. I love it!

My breakfast was the normal oatmeal:

It was a heaping bowl of warm deliciousness. I had half of the amount shown. Looks like today will be another busy day! Have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment