Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Motivation, Motivation, Motivation!

Happy Hump Day to you! The week is halfway over! Although it is another chilly morning, the sun was actually trying to break through and that makes me happy. What a difference sunshine can make.

Baby Boy decided that 445 AM was a fantastic time to wake up and start playing, talking and rolling around. I tried to get him back to sleep but finally, at 530, I gave up. We played for a bit and I got moving. (Whew! I just had a mild panic attack. I thought I had forgotten to feed our furry dog children but I did! The Lover would NOT have been happy with me nor would I have been too happy myself.) Things were smooth sailing until 720 when Baby Boy got sleepy and cranky from waking up so early. There was a lot of crying and clinging on Mama's leg. On our way to daycare, he fell asleep.

I was happy to crack into my warm oatmeal once I got to work.


Another cozy smile for you! It was my usual oatmeal but I added more almonds and coconut. Faboosh!

I have a 7 miler on the schedule today. I am trying to keep myself motivated and pumping myself up with pep talks. It will be a tad tough since I'm doing it all on the dreadmill. I could easily get 5 miles (or less, of course) in on the treadmill but once I started doing longer runs outside, it seems anything over 5 is really difficult. I'm sure that's why it is called a "dreadmill." This week will be the first week I log 20 miles! I'm super excited about that. This is how my work out schedule looks for the rest of the week:

  • Wednesday - 7 miles
  • Thursday - 2 mile recovery run
  • Friday - cross-training or rest
  • Saturday - 9 miles!
  • Sunday - cross-training or rest
For motivation, I visualize how wonderful I will feel after I finish a strenuous run/strength training session and how lucky I am to be able to run.

How do you keep yourself motivated?

No comments:

Post a Comment