Sunday, January 3, 2010

Not to toot my own horn but BEEP BEEP!

I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it many more times - that Jillian Michaels is cah-razy! She knows what she is talking about though. I worked up a good sweat! Whew. Oh and I finally bought a copy of 30 Day Shred. Yay! Though I've done the work out before, I didn't do it consistently for 30 days so I may have a 30 Day Shred Challenge in the very near future!


After my work out, I had a banana (not sure why pic isn't lining up):


Dinner was stuff acorn squash. I don't know why but I have been dying to try stuffed squash. I looked up a recipe on-line and all I could find were vegetarian recipes. After deciding on a wild rice stuffed version, I revamped it into my own creation. I could easily become a vegetarian with the exception of seafood (so I guess that's not really a vegetarian) but The Lover would die. He's told me "the west wasn't won on salad." Not even sure what the heck that means!




Ingredients:
  • acorn squash
  • packaged mushroom and herb cous cous
  • 1/2 cup chopped celery
  • 1/2 cup sliced mushroom
  • 1/4 cup diced onion
  • 1 pound pork sausage
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut squash in half and scoop out seeds, lightly spray baking dish with cooking spray, add 1/3 cup water. Place squash face down and cook for about 35 - 40 minutes or until tender. While that was baking, I cooked the sausage and drained it very well. Sautee onions and celery for about 5 minutes, add 1/2 of the sausage. I saved the other half for another meal later this week. Prepare cous cous according to package directions. Once that is finished, add to sausage mixture. Then add mushrooms. Once squash is tender, flip them over and spoon stuffing into the squash. Bake for 15 minutes or until heated through. I served it with a simple spinach salad. Also, I had a brew with dinner. DIVINE! There was also plenty leftover for my lunch tomorrow.

Have a wonderful evening! It's a whole week of work. That should be a challenge after all the time off.

5 comments:

  1. The west wasn't won on salad lol. Sounds like something my hubby would say :D Is your boy's boo boo feeling better?? Hope so! You're doing great with this by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be a guy thing? Yes, his booboo is MUCH better, thank you! And again, Beth, thank you so much for your support. It means a TON!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to try acorn squash. Looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making this for dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete