Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Whew!

It feels like I've been going non-stop since I woke up this morning. I wanted to sleep in just a tad but convinced myself to haul it. The boys were great and the morning went without a hitch until I dropped Big Boy off at his school. When I opened the door to get him out, he decided it would be cool to punch me in the face. I stood there for a moment, totally shocked and then I got on to him. Honestly, I was really trying not to laugh. His little first and the look on his face . . . But I had to be stern and let him know you cannot punch people.

I knew I had an early meeting once I got to work and wouldn't be able to eat my breakfast until later so I had my banana and herbal tea first:




I'm so glad I made overnight oats for breakfast this morning! It saved me a bit of time in the morning routine and I was really ready to see how it turned out.




To make Overnight Pumpkin Oats:
  • 1/2 cup dry oatmeal
  • 1/2 cup plain non-fat yogurt
  • 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
  • dash of pumpkin pie spice
  • dash of cinnamon
  • 2 generous teaspoons of brown sugar
Mix well. Put lid on and store in fridge overnight. I topped my oats with 6 chopped almonds. It. Was. Delish. I seriously love pumpkin. I wanted to finish all of it but ate about 2/3 of it. It was a lot and it was divine.

Do you love pumpkin? Baby Sis and I are fans but no one else in our family hearts it as much as we do.

3 comments:

  1. Me too! ! You should try adding pumpkin to Fiber One apple cinnamon muffin mix. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm, that overnight dish looks yummmy!!

    I'm so trying that one.

    ReplyDelete