Saturday, January 2, 2010

It's official

We are completely out of fruit and vegetables. I am in panic mode! The high is going to be 29 degrees today (BRRR!) so I am not certain we'll be venturing out. Hopefully to the grocery store at least. We usually go to the store every two weeks but stretched it to three this time. With the holidays thrown in the mix, we didn't need to really.

I wasn't feeling too hungry this morning. I know it's because I didn't get my run in yesterday. Even motivators need motivation! We also went to Baby Sis' house for New Year's dinner. I ate quite a bit and it carried me through. When hunger did finally hit, I felt inspired to make a brunch casserole.


The casserole contained:
  • 2 small russet potatoes diced into 1 inch cubes
  • 1/2 can of diced tomatoes drained and rinsed
  • 1/2 cup of diced green onion
  • 1/2 cup of diced white onion
  • 6 beaten eggs
  • 1/2 cup diced ham
I'm guessing on all the measurements since I just threw it all together. The ham was leftover from Christmas and needed to be used. I tossed the rest. After cubing the potatoes, bring them to a boil. Don't cook until tender so maybe for 4 minutes. They'll finish cooking in the oven. Throw it all together, spray cooking spray into individual casserole dishes and pop in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or so. In The Lover's casserole, I mixed shredded cheddar into it. Both were topped with a sprinkle of cheddar when finished. It was delish and very filling!

Last night, we went to Baby Sis' for a good luck New Year's dinner. It was great! Before heading out that evening, my early afternoon eats were:


  • an apple
  • a Chocolate Peppermint Stick Luna bar. So addicting.
Then I had half of this:


  • black beans & brown rice
Around 600-ish, we all noshed on:


  • pita chips
  • Sabra hummus (drool!)
  • fresh cukes, carrots, tomatoes
  • cocktail shrimp
Nom, nom, nom!! Dinner was also scrumptuos. Unfortunately, I had eaten quite a bit of the appetizers so I was pretty full.


  • sweet cornbread
  • Hawaiian style pork roast (yum!)
  • black-eyed peas
  • pasta salad
I shared my plate with Baby Boy. He loved it too! Though I was full, I still had room for a brew:


That, my friends, is my glorious cold sore chilling on my lip! A couple hours after dinner, we had dessert. There is always room for dessert!


  • a slice of cappacino (spelling?) yogurt pie (times 2). It was so good.
  • oatmeal cookie
I'm on a cleaning mission today and also plan on doing another kick butt session of Jillian's No More Trouble Zones DVD. I am not going to lie. I am really self-concious about the juicy friend on my face so I don't see myself going out in public. To the grocery store, maybe, but anywhere else is doubtful!

No comments:

Post a Comment