Friday, January 29, 2010

Tra La La

Oopsie! I realized I didn't make an afternoon post. Honestly, it's been pretty much dullsville around here. About an hour after breakfast, we met the In-Laws for my official Birthday Breakfast. It was kind of weird because I did feel a little hungry even after my breakfast cookie. I ordered a breakfast sammie on ciabatta bread. LOVE that bread.
The home fries were kind of chewy and gross. I had a few bites of those. Not like their usual home fries at all. I also cut the sammie in half and ate that. I felt bad for just leaving the other half but oh well. We then ran to Target for a few household essentials and I was also excitede to try my new Jillian Michaels' "Banish Fat Boost Metabolism" DVD!

Baby Boy was so very ready for a nap so I had to get him down. Big Boy went to Nana's. He was kind of loco and bouncing off the walls today so we were thinking "SEE YA!" Isn't that awful? The guilt didn't last too long haha. Again, I noticed I was grazing out of boredom. I hate when I do that. I tend to do that when we are cooped up at home and I know I am bummed about not being able to run. I've ran twice this week - at total of 5 miles. Even though it's a taper week, still gets me down. I had 1/3 of a pumpkin spice cappucino, a handful of Tostito's multigrain tortilla chips . . . and the other half of the apple that was left over from breakfast.

Finally, we had to get out for a bit so we ran to Academy to check on running shoe prices. Mine are definitely overdue for retirement. You are supposed to change running shoes every 300 - 500 miles and I've had mine for almost a year. Yet, I decided to wait lol. I actually felt hunger so Baby Boy and I shared my pumpkin yogurt that I had made yesterday.


So delish! It contained:
  • 1/2 cup non-fat plain yogurt
  • almost 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
  • 2 teaspoons brown sugar
  • about 1/2 cup pumpkin flaxsee granola
YUM. Then Jillian and I had a hot date. Verdict: I really love this DVD however, there are a few of the plyometric moves I couldn't do because of my left knee: 180 jumps, cross country skiing and the high knees. I did the best I could on the cross country and high knees but those 180s are too much. I love all her DVDs and if it weren't for those, I would be going batty right today!

How do you stay active (and sane!) when at home because of yucky weather?

3 comments:

  1. When we have crappy weather, I do home cardio too :) I have Jillian Michael's 30 day shred and it is no joke lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. home cardio when crazy weather hits- bodyweight circuits and treadmill intervals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally with you!! Jillian, perfect pushups, and kettlebell DVDs have kept me sane!

    ReplyDelete