Thursday, January 28, 2010

Holy Green Monster, Batman!

Happy Thursday, all! The good thing about today is that it's Thursday! The bad thing about today is we are going to be hammered with some freezing rain, sleet and snow will be moving in tonight. Yikes! We are good to on the homefront, however. Propane, food, diapers, dog food . . . if we lose power, we're sticking the perishable food outside. Heck, we could probably put it in the garage and it would be fine.

I overslept a tiny bit . . . I think I accidentally turned my phone off? I woke up at 615 AM and hit the floor running. Luckily I made lunch last night. The boys were in good moods (this is a great streak!) so that saves some time as well.

I went with the Green Monster again this morning. It is so simple, filling and nutritious. You can't go wrong!



I had to use an ugly portable cup for Green Monster Version 3.0, I did something a tad different. At the grocery store last night, I picked up some vanilla Almond milk. I've been dying to try almond milk and it's only 90 calories per cup. To make this version, I used:

  • 2 cup fresh spinach
  • 1 banana
  • 1.25 cup almond milk
  • ice
Put in blender in the order listed and liquefy. I really enjoyed the almond milk but the vanilla flavor might be a little too sweet for me. With regular milk, the banana is sweet enough. Big Boy loves the vanilla rice milk so bonus!

Looks like we are shutting down at noon today because of the yuck weather heading our way. If I disappear for a few days, it's because we have no power. I am worried about getting my mileage in but that should be the least of my worries. Wish us luck!




3 comments:

  1. hey :) thanks for your comment!

    nothing like an energizing smoothie to set your day off right... hope it's a good one!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh- we're dealing with bad weather here too :-( I hope you don't lose power!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping my m blog and leaving a comment. Your blog looks great!

    I really want to try a green monster. I see them all around blogland and I've never made one. I might need a blender first, but then I need to try it! Looks so fresh and delicious!

    ReplyDelete